TotalBoat Wet Edge topside paint will stick to a powder coated surface that's been prepared properly.
To start, clean and dry the surface, sand with 180-grit sandpaper, and remove sanding residue. Clean the surface by wiping with a lint-free cotton rag dampened with TotalBoat Dewaxer & Surface Prep solvent and let the solvent evaporate completely. Then do the following:
- Prime the powder coated surface with TotalBoat TotalProtect epoxy primer and barrier coat or TotalBoat 2-Part Epoxy Primer.
- Let the primer cure for at least 48 hours.
- Sand the cured primer with 220-grit sandpaper, then remove sanding residue.
- Wipe the surface with a clean, lint-free cotton rag dampened with TotalBoat Dewaxer & Surface Prep.
- Allow the solvent to evaporate completely.
- Apply Wet Edge.
Please sign in to leave a comment.